The Redwood Newsletter is a semi-weekly news digest emailed to parents. It contains reminders about upcoming events at Redwood, school activities, and news from the Principal, PTA, SEF and District. Families are strongly encouraged to subscribe so that they receive timely reminders from our school.
Currently Enrolled Families: Broadcasts will be sent to the email address(es) listed when you completed your returning student update via PowerSchool.
New to District Families: eNews will be sent to the email address(es) listed in your online registration. Bookmark the school homepage as well!
Please note: SUSD does NOT share email addresses. All email addresses are kept confidential. You have the option to unsubscribe from the Blackboard eNews at any time, although we encourage you to remain subscribed.
In event of a school-wide emergency, notifications will be sent via automated voice, text and email messages to phone numbers listed in your Returning Student Update (currently enrolled SUSD students) or during registration (new to SUSD students). Contact the school office at any time during the school year if your phone number or email address have changed.
Already enrolled families are automatically subscribed at the start of the school year using the email address(es) listed during your annual online returning student update.
New-to-district families are automatically subscribed using the email addresses listed during the online registration process.
At the bottom of each eNews sent via Blackboard Messaging System is an opt-out message. You may opt out at any time. However, if you opt out you will be missing important messages from your school and district, including school/district emergency notifications.
Please visit your school office to update your email address. Or during the summer months, email email@example.com. Please include your student's FULL name, birth date, grade, school, your name, and your relationship to the student in your email.
Staff will make the email address change in our student database PowerSchool. The change is then uploaded that night to Blackboard Messaging System where the change will take effect.
No. Only designated people can email to the list. If you have information to send via eNews, please contact the school office.
If you wish to submit an advertisement for enrichment classes or community events via eNews, please follow the process listed on our district's Flyers Online webpage. Only community partners, public entities, and local non-profits may request flyer postings. All posting requests must be approved through the district office. Scroll to the bottom of Flyers Online for requirements and instructions.
No. As long as your email address has not changed, and is reflected correctly in your returning student update, you will continue to receive eNews. During the summer, you are automatically moved to the next grade's eNews list, including 5th graders transitioning to Redwood Middle School.
There could be several reasons:
- The eNews could be tagged as spam mail by your email system. Please check your spam/bulk box or check your email filter settings.
- Your email was entered incorrectly during your online returning student update or during registration. Please check with your school office if you are not receiving eNews.
- You unsubscribed at some point by clicking the link at the bottom of the eNews. Please be aware that SUSD occasionally sends out notifications on behalf of SEF and PTA. If you unsubscribe to these messages you are unsubscribing from all messages from SUSD.
- You recently updated your email address at the office. It takes 24 hours for the change to take effect.
- Your student has been disenrolled. Only currently enrolled families receive eNews.
- If you are not receiving eNews, continue to check your school's homepage for updates until you begin receiving eNews again.
In order to receive emergency texts, textable phone number must be in your student's record (entered at the time of registration or during your annual online student information update). If we do not have your number, please contact your school office to add it.