District English Language Acquisition Committee (DELAC)
DELAC meetings are typically held 4-5 times per school year. The committee is headed by Roberta Zarea, Director of Educational Services. Members include a school site principal, teachers and parent representatives.
SUSD Parents/Guardians: Parents/Guardians are invited to attend any of these meetings to learn more about our English Learner (EL) programs and/or provide your feedback! If you are interested in becoming an official committee member, please contact email@example.com.
The committee's charter is outlined HERE.
2017-2018 Committee Roster
- Shannon Avina - ELD Teacher, Redwood
- Laurie Brandt - District Literacy Coach and Elementary ELD Teacher
- Marion Dickel - ELA/ELD Teacher on Special Assignment
- Laurie Marshall - Teacher on Special Assignment, Elementary ELD Teacher
- Kwan Share - EL Aide, Foothill
- Mariann Smith - EL Aide, Argonaut
- Laura Torres - EL Aide, Saratoga, Redwood
- Roberta Zarea - Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services, SUSD
- Jessica Yan, Foothill parent
- Suzanne von Stern, Redwood parent
- Cynthia Miller, Board member
- Patty Buchanan, Board member (alternate)
2017- 2018 DELAC Meeting Dates (All Monday meetings at District Office Large Conference Room)
Monday, September 25, 3:30-4:30 (or Tuesday, September 26, 8:45-9:30 - Saratoga Elementary School library)
Monday, October 23, 3:30-4:30
Monday, January 29, 3:30-4:30 (or Tuesday, January 30, 8:45-9:30 - Foothill Elementary School library)
Monday, March 19, 3:30-4:30
Monday, April 23, 3:30-4:30
Monday, May 21, 3:30-4:30 (or Tuesday, May 22, 8:45-9:30 - Argonaut Elementary School library)