Saratoga Union School District serves students in grades K-8 and presently operates three K-5 elementary schools and one 6-8 middle school. Our student population consists of approximately 1050 elementary school aged students and 850 middle school students.
Schools in SUSD include the following:
- Argonaut Elementary School
13200 Shadow Mountain Drive
Approximately 390 students grades TK-5 comprising 20 classes
- Foothill Elementary School
13919 Lynde Avenue
Approximately 320 students grades K-5 comprising 22 classes, as well as a Preschool for children with special needs
- Saratoga Elementary School
14592 Oak Street
Approximately 350 students grades K-5 comprising 18 classes
- Redwood Middle School
Approximately 850 students grades 6-8.
Students at Redwood have 7 periods of classes during the regular school day
Saratoga Union School District
Vision and Mission Statement
Create an innovative public school system that stimulates intellectual curiosity, providing academic rigor for each and every learner, and instills leadership, responsibility, and global citizenship in a safe and nurturing environment where learners thrive.
We accomplish this with a highly professional and differentiated system of education, which engages the community as educational partners, embraces diversity, inspires creativity, and fosters student well-being. We measure success in student outcomes and achievement, professional growth, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
About our Community:
- City of Saratoga established in 1856; School District established in 1865.
- Located in Santa Clara County in the heart of Silicon Valley with close proximity to the U.S. 101, Interstate 880 and 280, and State Route 85 Freeway.
- Encompasses 8 square miles of territory, including about 2/3 of the city of Saratoga and small portions of the cities of Monte Sereno and Los Gatos, as well as a portion of unincorporated Santa Clara County.
- District's location provides easy access to employment opportunities throughout the greater Bay Area in the fields of technology, biomedicine, higher education, and others.
- A partial listing of upcoming community events and activities are posted on FLYERS ONLINE.