Parents are strongly encouraged to stay apprised of school and district news via the following channels:
In event of school emergency, evacuation, school closure, etc, parents/guardians will be alerted via automated voice message, text, and email. Read the eNews FAQ below for additional information and how to subscribe.
eNews is emailed approximately once per week by your child's school. eNews contains important reminders and updates from your school, district, and Superintendent.
Your school website:
Use the Select a School dropdown menu on the top of this webpage. Bookmark your school's homepage!
www.saratogausd.org Check the website often for Announcements, News, and Events happening district wide and at your school!
Agendas and meeting minutes from the SUSD Board of Trustee meetings are posted on Agenda Online.
In addition, SUSD uses social mediafor some announcements. If you are a subscriber to these sites, feel free to visit!
• SUSD Facebook page
• SUSD mobile app via iTunes and GooglePlay. Just search on "SUSD"
In event of a school closure or school-wide emergency, notifications will be sent via automated voice and email messages to phone numbers and email addresses listed during your online returning student update (current student) or during registration (newly enrolled student).
You MUST also text "yes" to 68-453 from the cell phone number listed in your students' record to opt into receiving emergency texts from the district (per mobile carrier rules, parents must opt in into receiving messages from SUSD). If your contact information has changed, please notify your school office.
For individual student emergencies or concerns, school staff will contact a parent/guardian directly via phone call.
More information regarding Emergency and Safety.
Each school emails a weekly newsletter to their school families via School Messenger. eNews contains weekly reminders about upcoming school events, school activities, and news from their Principal and District. Families are strongly encouraged to subscribe so that they receive timely reminders from their school.
Please note: SUSD does NOT share email addresses. All email addresses are kept confidential. You have the option to unsubscribe from the eNews list at any time.
Already enrolled families are subscribed at the start of the school year using the email address(es) listed during your online returning student update.
New-to-district families are subscribed using the email addresses listed during the online registration process.
At the bottom of each eNews sent via School Messenger is an opt-out message. You may opt out at any time. However, if you opt out you will be missing important messages from your school and district, including school/district emergency notifications.
Please visit your school office to update your email address. Or email District Information Coordinator Melodie Pack email@example.com with your new email address. Please include your student's FULL name, birth date, grade, school, your name, and your relationship to the student in your email.
Staff will make the email address change in our student database PowerSchool. The change is then uploaded that night to School Messenger where the change will take effect.
No. Only designated people can email to the list. If you have information to send via eNews, please contact your school office. If you wish to submit an advertisement for enrichment classes or community events via eNews, please follow the process listed on our district FLYERS ONLINE webpage.
No. As long as your email address has not changed, and is reflected correctly in your returning student update, you will continue to receive eNews. During the summer, you are automatically moved to the next grade's eNews list, including 5th graders transitioning to Redwood Middle School.
There could be several reasons:
• The eNews could be tagged as spam mail by your email system. Please check your spam/bulk box or check your email filter settings.
• Your email was entered incorrectly during your online returning student update or during registration. Please check with your school office if you are not receiving eNews.
• You unsubscribed at some point by clicking the link at the bottom of the eNews. Please be aware that SUSD occasionally sends out notifications on behalf of SEF and PTA. If you unsubscribe to these messages you are unsubscribing from all messages from SUSD.
• You recently updated your email address at the office. It takes 24 hours for the change to take effect.
• Your student has been disenrolled. Only currently enrolled families receive eNews.
• If you are not receiving eNews, continue to check your school's homepage for updates until you begin receiving eNews again.
In order to receive emergency texts, you must do two things:
1. Your cell phone number must be in your student's record (entered at the time of registration or your annual student information update via InfoSnap). If we do not have your number, please contact your school office to add it.
2. AND you must also text "yes" to 68-453 from the cell phone number(s) listed in your students' record to opt into receiving emergency texts from the distrct (per mobile carrier rules, parents must opt in into receiving messages from SUSD).