Events, Workshops, and Activities
As a courtesy to our district parents and community, approved online "flyers" for district and local activities are posted weekly. If you are a local non-profit interested in posting an activity flyer, scroll down to view the approval criteria.
After a challenging spring due to the COVID-19 pandemic, let's take some time to come together, exchange ideas, explore ways to decrease stress, and improve our own and our children’s overall health and well-being.
The forum is a 3-part series, facilitated by Wendy Baron, educator and leader in the field of social and emotional learning and stress management. View the flyer for topics and how to register. Space is limited.
Community Events and Enrichment
Saratoga Union School District does not sponsor, supervise, nor endorse these activities, events, organizations, or its content. Distribution of this material is provided by the district as a community service for local non-profit organizations.
Ages 5-14, all skill levels. Visit www.youthleaguetennis.org/covid19 for safety guidelines.
Community Events and Resources
Second Harvest Food bank information
COMIDA DE MERCADO GRATIS
The Uplift Mobile Crisis Team is here to help. Staff and families can call 24/7 at (408) 379-9085 for any concerns around a student’s safety such as suicide, self-harming, violence toward others, and/or grave disability. Uplift has a variety of ways to support and can provide crisis intervention over the phone or in person. Services are free. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Crisis Program Manager Laura Kachelmeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 379-9085. Visit https://upliftfs.org/
Approval Process for Flyer Postings
In an effort to limit the volume of flyers sent to district families, the Saratoga Union School District has instituted the following guidelines for flyer approval. Approval includes but is not limited to the following:
- The organization, program or event is not for profit
- The organization, program or event supports the overall mission of the Saratoga Union School District.
- The organization, program or event provides support through local Saratoga Union School District partner organizations such as: Saratoga AYSO, City of Saratoga, Saratoga Recreation Department, Los Gatos-Saratoga-Cupertino Girls Softball Association, and the Los Gatos-Saratoga Community Education & Recreation Department.
- The organization, program or event does not directly compete with local Saratoga organizations or Saratoga Union School District partner organizations.
- The program is held locally in Saratoga or Los Gatos
Flyer approval is at the discretion of the Superintendent of Schools for the Saratoga Union School District.
Flyers generated and distributed by school site PTA, Saratoga Education Foundation (SEF), Saratoga Recreation Department, Los Gatos-Saratoga Community Education & Recreation Department, and the City of Saratoga will receive a higher priority. District school site administrators will refer all organizations, program or event coordinators to the district office for flyer approval.
If your flyer meets the above criteria, please email email@example.com the following information:
- Contact name
- Contact phone number and e-mail address
- Proposed flyer material attached in PDF format only. The file size cannot exceed 2 megabytes.
- Copy of IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit status documentation
A district office staff member will be in touch via e-mail as to the status (approved or denied) of proposed flyers as soon as possible. Due to the volume of flyers received at the district office, please allow 2-3 weeks for district office staff to confirm the status of your flyer.
Upon approval of your flyer, you will be contacted by the district office. Approved flyers are posted online on our Community Events webpage saratogausd.org/flyers. The method of flyer distribution (eNews, paper copies, etc.) will be determined by the Superintendent and/or individual school site administrators.
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Saratoga Union School District Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.