Tech at Home
Make Chrome Your Own! How to Add Your Child's School Profile to Your Home Computer (instruction sheet)
Updated 10/5/20. If your student is not using an SUSD-issued Chromebook, make school easier by adding their school online environment to your home computer.
Network Bandwidth During Independent Study
Parents and Students: If there are bandwidth issues that occur during class time, such as multiple family members needing to be online at the same time, please let your teacher know ahead of time so that you may get permission to turn off your camera during class. Your teacher may still request a quick video check at the start of class. And video will need to be on during test-taking.
Remote Learning Etiquette
Just like the physical classroom, appropriate school behavior still applies during online class. Children thrive on structure. Please remind your child to:
- Arrive on time to their online classroom
- Log in with their proper name
- Be dressed appropriately
- Be ready to learn at his/her desk or table
- No eating unless it's a designated snack time per your teacher
- Be respectful
- Monitor their "airtime" when in groups
- Take turns talking
- Mute if there is noise at home
- Use classroom language. Do not say inappropriate things or write them in the chat window
Inappropriate behavior is not tolerated on campus, nor will it be tolerated virtually.
Please keep an open line of communication with your teachers.