Middle School Math Course Placement
Saratoga Union School District strives to provide the best possible educational experience for our students. An appropriate math placement is one of the most critical determinations in this process. Academic readiness and assessment results are fundamental to our course placement philosophy. We desire all of our students to be challenged in their math class, experience a suitable instructional pace, and enjoy mathematics to the greatest extent possible.
SUSD uses multiple measures of data to determine students’ placement in their middle school math courses.
The 2020-2021 Middle School Math Placement Workshop for Parents was held on March 3, 2020. If you missed the meeting, see below for the presentation slides and math pathways chart.
Questions? Contact Educational Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, (408) 867-3424, extension 206.
Resources and Information For Parents/Guardians
Overview of Math Pathways and Placements
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs. English and Mandarin 中文)
- NWEA Score Percentile Reference (Table C.1.3: “Spring Mathematics Student Achievement Percentiles”)
- NWEA Parent Toolkit and Resources
Acceleration in Middle School Mathematics
- Student Readiness to Accelerate Questions
- Should Your Child Skip a Year of Math? From Northwest Educational Services
California State Board of Education Resources