What Is My School District?
Residences located in the City of Saratoga feed into 4 different K-8 elementary school districts: Campbell, Cupertino, Moreland and Saratoga Union School District.
To determine which school district your property is in, verify your property's district assignment:
- Search online:
- Go to Santa Clara County Tax Assessor website.
- Enter street address
- Click on School District/Tax Rate Area
- The result will read Elementary School: Saratoga Union if you reside in our school district
- If the address does not come up, please double check the spelling or street number. Or search using the property APN number.
- You may also try U.S. Census Factfinder instead. On the page, click Geographies if the search table does not come up.
- Or call the Santa Clara Tax Assessor's Office at (408) 299-5500.
- For properties in Santa Cruz County, visit the Santa Cruz County Tax GIS website. Select Search Type to enter in an address or APN. Click Find It and select the School District and CSA tab.
- For high school attendance (grades 9-12), use the Los Gatos Saratoga Union School District's Find My School utility.
- If you have questions about property boundary lines, please contact the Santa Clara County Committee on District Boundaries at (408) 453-6869.
- There is no SUSD boundary map published for distribution. District assignments are based on the data via the Santa Clara County Assessor's office.
School Assignment For Grades K - 5
Enrollment in Saratoga Union School District is open for residents who reside permanently in a habitable residence that falls within school district boundaries.SUSD is an open enrollment district which means no property addresses have been assigned to a specific school (Board Policy 5116.1: Education Code 35160.5). Parents may therefore request the K-5 school within the district they wish their student to attend provided the student resides within the boundaries of our district and space permits.During the registration process, newly enrolling K-5 families will be asked for their first and second choice of elementary school sites: Argonaut, Foothill or Saratoga Elementary Schools. Placement at an elementary school site is based on space availability. Proximity to school is not a criteria in placement.SUSD does not "overflow" students to other districts. As long as your child is a district resident, he/she is guaranteed a place at one of our three elementary schools, however placement at a particular site is based on space availability for the grade level requested.Currently, Transitional Kindergarten classrooms are located at Argonaut Elementary School and Foothill Elementary School.During the online portion of the registration process, new K-5 families will be asked for a first and second choice of elementary school site. District residents are guaranteed placement in one of the district schools, not necessarily their first or even second choice school. The district makes every effort to keep K-5 siblings at the same site and to give families their first choice of school. Due to the number of classrooms, class-size limitations, and the need to balance class sizes at our schools, this is not always possible.If a student does not receive placement at his/her first choice school, the student will be placed on a waiting list for the first 2 weeks of school. If the student does not move off the waitlist, he/she will finish the school year at the assigned school. In spring, all currently enrolled families have the opportunity to request a school transfer for the following school year.
During the Regular Registration Period (March, for current residents who can provide all preregistration documents and proofs of residency) all elementary school requests are treated equally. In other words, school placement is NOT determined by the registration completion date as long as the registration is completed AND successfully submitted online by the due date. Occasionally, a "lottery" is required when registration requests for a particular grade level at a K-5 school site exceed the space available. The lottery will be scheduled sometime during the summer if necessary.
During the Conditional Registration Period (Mid April and onwards, for families just moving into the district who do not have all of the proofs of residency documents yet), new K-5 students will be placed at schools first come, first served, based on space availability at the time the registration is successfully completed online. All student documents need to be complete but partial proofs of residency are acceptable. Any outstanding documents must be brought in within 60 days.