District and Community Events, Workshops, and Enrichment
As a courtesy to our district families and community, online "flyers" for local enrichment activities are posted on this page weekly. If you are a local non-profit interested in posting an activity flyer, scroll down to view the posting criteria.
Community Events and Enrichment
Saratoga Union School District does not sponsor, supervise, nor endorse these activities, events, organizations, or its content. Distribution of this material is provided by the district as a community service for local non-profit organizations. These postings may contain information and content supplied by third parties.
Youth League Tennis Spring Session
Registering now for ages 5-14, all levels
Saratoga High School Drama and Saratoga Theatre Arts Present Mamma Mia!
April 28-30 and May 5-6 at the Saratoga High School McAfee Center
Youth Opportunities for Self-Esteem Through Hoops (Y.O.S.H.) Basketball Camp
For boys and girls in 3rd-8th grade
2023 Spring Warriors Basketball Camp
Spring 2023 registration is open for boys and girls, ages 7-15
Enter by April 19: Watershed Watch Earth Day Poster Challenge
Sponsored by the Santa Clara Valley Urban Runoff Pollution Prevention Program. For K-8th grade students.
Apply by May 12: EmPower Silicon Valley 2023 Youth Short-Film Competition
Sponsored by Silicon Valley Clean Energy (SVCE). For middle or high school students.
Community Summer Programs
Assistance for Families
Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
Find food, volunteer, resources
West Valley Community Services
Food, housing, and support services
Los Gatos - Saratoga Recreation Dept
World of Discovery Preschool
Approval Process for Flyer Postings
In an effort to limit the volume of flyers sent to district families, the Saratoga Union School District has instituted the following guidelines for flyer approval. Approval includes but is not limited to the following:
- The organization, program or event is not for profit
- The organization, program or event supports the overall mission of the Saratoga Union School District.
- The organization, program or event provides support through local Saratoga Union School District partner organizations such as: Saratoga AYSO, City of Saratoga, Saratoga Recreation Department, Los Gatos-Saratoga-Cupertino Girls Softball Association, and the Los Gatos-Saratoga Community Education & Recreation Department.
- The organization, program or event does not directly compete with local Saratoga organizations or Saratoga Union School District partner organizations.
- The program is held locally in Saratoga or Los Gatos
Flyer approval is at the discretion of the Superintendent of Schools for the Saratoga Union School District.
Flyers generated and distributed by school site PTA, Saratoga Education Foundation (SEF), Saratoga Recreation Department, Los Gatos-Saratoga Community Education & Recreation Department, and the City of Saratoga will receive a higher priority. District school site administrators will refer all organizations, program or event coordinators to the district office for flyer approval.
If your flyer meets the above criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- Contact name
- Contact phone number and e-mail address
- Proposed flyer material attached in PDF format only. The file size cannot exceed 2 megabytes.
- Copy of IRS 501(c)(3) non-profit status documentation
A district office staff member will be in touch via e-mail as to the status (approved or denied) of proposed flyers as soon as possible. Due to the volume of flyers received at the district office, please allow 2-3 weeks for district office staff to confirm the status of your flyer.
Upon approval of your flyer, you will be contacted by the district office. Approved flyers are posted online on our Community Events webpage saratogausd.org/flyers. The method of flyer distribution (eNews, paper copies, etc.) will be determined by the Superintendent and/or individual school site administrators.
If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Saratoga Union School District Office at email@example.com.